- 1 bag (4 cups) frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices uncooked bacon (cut in half)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup chopped chives + more for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
Waffle Maker Hashbrowns Recipe
- Preheat your waffle maker to medium heat and when hot, add the bacon. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to desired crispiness. Place on a paper towel to drain off the excess fat and then chop into small pieces. Drain the excess rendered bacon fat out of the waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and whisk. Add in the hash browns, cheese, bacon, garlic powder, paprika, chives, and salt & pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place the waffle maker back onto medium heat and when hot, scoop in 1 cup of the batter and spread into an even layer. Press down the waffle maker and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crispy. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle over with more chives and enjoy alone or topped with fried eggs.