- 3 green plantains
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Plantain Chips Recipe
- Slice the ends off of each plantain and then in half.
- Remove the peel and then carefully slice each half into thin strips (roughly ⅛’’ thick) using a mandoline or a knife.
- Place a deep skillet on to medium high heat and add in enough oil to fry the plantains.
- Add in the plantains in batches, making sure to not overcrowd the skillet or pot, and fry for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to collect any excess oil and sprinkle with more salt.
- Serve with ceviche, guacamole, or your favorite salsa or dip.