- 1 ½ lb top round beef (thinly sliced)
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- ⅓ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 large jar (28-32 oz) favorite marinara sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti (cooked according to package instructions)
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
Beef Braciole Recipe
- In a small bowl, crack in the egg and give it a whisk. Add in the parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic powder, and salt & pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Lay out the slices of beef and season with salt & pepper to taste. Place down a slice of prosciutto and then evenly distribute the filling mixture in the slices of meat, spreading out evenly.
- Roll up the slices tightly and then skewer with a toothpick to hold it together.
- Place a large pan onto medium-high heat and add in the olive oil.
- When hot, add in the beef roll-ups and cook for one minute per side.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and pour in the marinara sauce.
- Cover and cook for about 45 minutes, checking often to make sure the sauce doesn’t burn and to spoon sauce over the meat. Feel free to add small amounts of water during the cooking process if the sauce becomes too thick.
- While the braciole is cooking, prepare the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Set aside ½ cup of the pasta water and add it to the marinara sauce a few minutes before serving.
- To plate, lay down the spaghetti and top with the beef braciole and sauce. Garnish with more cheese and fresh basil.