- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice (cooked according to package instructions)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb (16 oz) sushi-grade salmon (skin removed and diced into ½’’ cubes ¼ cup soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp and 1/3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 sheets nori
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 1 avocado (thinly sliced)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Green onions for garnish (thinly sliced)
Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe
- Prepare the sushi rice according to package instructions using 1 cup water, 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 2 tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt. Set aside.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the salmon.
- In a medium bowl, add the salmon, soy sauce, 2 tbsp lemon juice, sesame oil, and sugar. --Mix to combine and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Cut each nori sheet into 4 equal sized pieces and prepare the sriracha mayo, cucumber, and avocado.
- For the sriracha mayo; whisk together ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp sriracha sauce, 1 tsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- To serve, lay down a piece of nori and then spoon over a thin layer of sushi rice.
- Next, add a layer of cucumber, spoon over the salmon, and add sliced avocado.
- Drizzle over sriracha mayo, and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.