- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup lemon juice (10 large lemons)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- Fresh mint for garnish
Lemon Sorbet in a Lemon Recipe
- First, set aside 4 of the lemons and carefully slice off the bottom tips so they can sit flat. -Next, slice off the top third of each lemon and using a paring knife and spoon, carefully slice and scoop out the flesh of each lemon. Place the lemons in the freezer overnight.
- To make the sorbet, first zest the lemons until you have 3 tbsp worth and transfer to a high-speed blender.
- Squeeze out the juice from enough of the lemons until you have 1 cup of lemon juice worth. Add to the blender along with the sugar, ice, and mascarpone cheese.
- Blend until smooth and icy and transfer to an airtight container.
- Place in the freezer for 3 hours to overnight to freeze and harden.
- To serve, let defrost for a few minutes and scoop and serve in the frozen lemons. Garnish with mint.